in leaving and coming home

|
(June 15, 2011)

As thrilled as I was to get away, to spend several days conversing solely with adults, to take care of only myself, I was equally content and grateful to come home to my husband and sweet children. This was especially true since Curtis had so graciously both enabled and encouraged me to go to New York. It was my birthday present, but he went above and beyond to ensure that I felt freed up, provided for, and supported in taking this trip. He sacrificed 3 vacation days and and single-parented without complaining for almost 5 days straight! I am so blessed. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to give bear hugs all around.


The morning after I got home. Look at those precious faces, albeit a little sleepy!


How could you not want to come home to them?



And guess what happened while I was gone?

Someone decided that she finally (that's right, at 16 months) wanted to walk!


She's been capable for so long (would walk across the room on command), but just preferred to crawl. Not any more! My absence must have inspired her. ??



Warning! Slight soapbox: This is why I am such a huge proponent of mommies (especially the stay-at-home version) getting away once in awhile. Whether it's an hour of errands by yourself, a weekend trip with your husband, or a 5 day trip to New York City with the girls... just go! 
When I am freed up to leave, I find that, in coming back, I feel more peaceful, renewed, and equipped to love my family more fully. Not only that, I enjoy and appreciate them in a way that I didn't before. And, truly, they'll be just fine without you...

1 comments:

Kate Kehne said...

So sweet! They are pretty cute! Amen to your soapbox! But look at all the bruises Cooper picked up on his legs while you were away! Maybe some wrestling activities...