baking and celebrating

|
(June 19, 2011)

Call it perfect timing or poor scheduling, but I decided to say "yes" to making a cake and cupcakes for a little girl's birthday that was on the same day as the baby shower I was helping to host (and also baking for). So, in the last 2 days, I've made and decorated a cake and over 70 cupcakes. Whew! It is a good thing that I totally love baking for people. It's not a good thing that I'm such a ridiculous perfectionist. Seriously. Is there therapy for that?

Here's my fishy cake (in the box, ready to be handed over for the birthday party)! I think it turned out pretty cute, but I was a little disappointed when everything was said and done, because I decided that they colors I chose made it look almost as much like a chicken as it did a fish. Curtis agreed (how dare he!).


My cupcakes, on the other hand, made me super happy! I worked on the colors for waaaay too long, matching them to the birthday party invitation. I told you that I am ridiculous!


On one hand, I can totally understand why cupcakes are all the rage: compact and transportable yumminess that is fairly simple to make. On the other hand, I don't like cake very much so I don't get it at all. Ha!

That night, I brought a batch of strawberry cream cheese cupcakes to my lovely friend Emily's baby shower. I completely forgot my camera and so failed to get any pictures of the cupcakes or any of the other delicious food and beautiful decor there, but I was able to steal this picture from facebook:
 
 That's Emily, sitting to my right. I guess I snagged the place of honor, huh? Or maybe not, considering the camera angle. :) 

Despite the lack of photos, the cupcakes turned out well, the other food was scrumptious, and the night was so much fun. We all loved loved loved getting to celebrate baby Adelyn.

And, after this weekend, I think I'm going to need a nice batch of chocolate chip cookies to recover!

0 comments: