sam

|
The kids and I took a quick trip to Knoxville to visit dear ones. It was fast and furious, but we had a few sweet visits with people that we love: definite good time with Marmee and Papa, a quick and crazy lunch with old friends at Chick-fil-a, a few other quick friend-sightings.  The most significant and meaningful visit, however, was one of the main reasons for the trip to TN in the first place... to meet Sam.

A little over a year ago, our dear friends Matthew and Emily began a glorious and relatively quick journey down the road of adoption. In October, they were able to travel to Taiwan and bring home their new baby boy, Sam.

 I was delighted that they allowed us to sneak in and spend a few minutes with precious Sam, just days after they brought him home. 


 Wouldn't you be delighted to see that face, too??


 I just kept staring at him, feeling so thankful that God gave this little one to my friends.


 Maybe even more so, I am thankful that God gave my friends to Sam. I have no doubt that he will be cherished, protected, and enjoyed.


 I know this because I know this little girl... Sam's big sister, Abby.
She is an adorable spitfire of a girl who has provided ample amounts of laughter, anxiety, love, sleeplessness, and joy for Emily and Matthew in her short two years of life.


The new siblings are cuter than cute together and I know that Abby will love this little boy fiercely.


 Cooper loved jumping into the mix and meeting this new baby friend.


 But Miss Abby is still his go-to buddy. We are hoping that is the case for a long time!


This newly expanded family is so dear to us, and they remind me of God's redemptive love... how He chose me and calls me His daughter.


My hope for Sam is that he would grow to understand the deep love that compelled his parents to pursue him and bring him home... and that, through that love, he would glimpse the Father. 

I know I have.

0 comments: