about to hatch

|
On Sunday, several ladies and I threw a shower for our dear friend, Kelly. From the beginning, I knew I was out of my league. These girls know how to throw a shower! The theme was "about to hatch" and the details, ideas, and emails immediately started flowing... mainly by them. I was just trying to keep up!

First there was Megan's choice for the invitations. Cuter and nicer than any that I would have picked, I'm sure. I have just discovered that she even has her own stationary company, Lillian Day. Are you serious?!


When we got to Sarah's house, it was beautifully and creatively decorated... complete with a paper banner saying, "webb" (the baby's name) and "about to hatch".


I guess I know now- firsthand- why she started a crafty website, Create Studio. The girl knows what she's doing.


Sarah, an interior designer (did I mention that I was out of my league?), helped with the decor and also did the flowers.


The creativity in that group astonished me!


Thankfully, they were okay with my idea of keeping it simple with the food. Simple and delicious, of course. Chicken salad, balsamic tortellini and tomato kabobs, homemade hummus with veggies, and a fruit salad.


Then came my big part- the cake! It turned out really cute- I was pleased.


I like to think that I held my own amongst the shower super-divas. :)


The shower itself was lots of fun, and full of great conversations...


old friends (with the mommy-to-be in the middle)...


And even some family mixed in, too. 


(me, Sarah T, Kelly, Sarah F, Megan.  I stole the pic from Sarah T's blog. Sorry!)
It was such a joy to celebrate our friend and the little man who will be here any day now! I'm eagerly awaiting my text, Kelly!

0 comments: