transformations: upstairs (ta da!)

|
Are you ready for the unveiling? Let's be honest, it's not DONE done... but it's done enough!


The downstairs hallway is a fresh tan color and there is no more near-yellow trim in our house! Woo hoo!


But you want to see what's up these stairs, don't you? Follow the cute little boy.


Notice the light fixtures and switches... we have power!


Almost there!


Ta da!!! Isn't it beautiful and immaculate?! We can finally start using the space and we couldn't be more excited about it. (the blue is not quite as bright as it seems here)


The big excitement of today... carpet! When the guys were finished installing it, Cooper started running and diving all over it. And then maybe I joined him. 



This is the nook, from the inside. I am loving the sconces in here. 


All of the trim and woodwork looks so crisp now that it's painted. 



I just realized that I forgot to take pics of this room post-carpet, but these were taken just this morning. 


And that cute little boy is back!


I chose a pretty cream color called "bone white" for the bedroom. I think all the colors upstairs turned out pretty close to what I hoped, which is kind of amazing with my track record.

Guess what else we (read: Curtis) finished?

The bathroom floor!


Here's our mostly-completed bathroom!


The plumber came back and hooked everything up, so we are up and running! Get it?! (Pun intended.)


This is one of my favorite decisions we made... we put a vintage door on our linen closet. It's totally something my creative mother-in-law would do!


This lone newel post is proof that the last major project that must be done- the stair railings/banisters- is underway. After that, we will just have a list of smaller tasks to check off. 

But first... we're moving stuff UPSTAIRS! Well, actually, first I'm going to get a good night's sleep. Then it's furniture and organization time! I love this part!

5 comments:

Joy said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
I mean REALLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kara said...

This is beyond perfect. All of it. SO happy for y'all and tell Curtis congrats on all the hard work!

millie smith said...

yipeeee! it looks fabulous! i too have rolled around with the little one on the upstairs carpet when the room was finished. oh good times. ;)

Amy said...

AHHHHHH! This is amazing!!!!!

Lauren Jackson said...

oh my... i just checked this out, and i haven't read your blog in a while (i admit, ahh!!!) i feel so out of the loop - your renovations are AMAZING!!! love love love the trim around the doors & windows... cool woodwork! from the last time i saw this room (pre-construction) to now, it is truly a work of art! i bet you can't wait to get up there & play :)