transformations: upstairs (part 6)

|
Quickly, because I really need to get some sleep tonight and yet I feel compelled to share...

We have been hard at work around here and are expecting to have to our upstairs finished (a few details withstanding) in another week or so! Here's what has happened lately...


Curtis used these huge and super-heavy sheets of wood...
(Shout out to my brother Kevin who came over and helped carry them all upstairs! I thought I might never walk again after helping Curtis with the first few.)


...and he created these doors, crazy angles and all! They are going to look amazing. He just has to go back now and use trim pieces to- basically- decorate the doors. Unfortunately, that's going to be on hold until the more pressing to-do's are finished.

Speaking of things pressing... Thursday night we were up until all hours of the night trying to finish necessary tasks and clean everything out so that the painters could come in on Friday morning. Here are some "blank canvas" shots so that you can be amazed tomorrow (or soon after) when I put up the new paint-covered pics!






My fearless- and handsome- contractor... coffee and toboggan in hand, checking in with our painters before he heads off to his "day job". This is our life, people. What are we going to do with ourselves when this is done? Ha!

3 comments:

Lindsay Mizell said...

I love the frames for the doors and windows. I'm so excited to see the paint!

Evan Travis said...

Curtis, doors look great. You are are great carpenter.

Lauren Jackson said...

wow what a transformation!!! i can't believe curtis made those doors!