transformations: upstairs (part 3)

|
Quick update:
At the end of last week, the insulation folks came and added their lovely Pink Panther fluff goods to our walls. I was shocked when I came home at how much it felt like a finished space already! Granted, we have a long way to go... but we have clearly defined rooms now. It's so fun!

The bonus room 
(taken from near the top of the stairs)


The raised portion of the bonus room, with small recessed area for built-ins.


Hallway. You can see part of the stairs on the left, the rest are covered up temporarily.
(looking toward the bedroom)


The nook. It's a little too "petite" to photograph well, but it is probably my favorite space in the whole upstairs.  
(The window looks over the front lawn- you can see Curtis' car on the curb!)


The bedroom. 

Now... 

A test. 

Can you tell me what else is different up there? 

How observant are you??



Windows!!


We had to hire brick masons to cut up into the brick to enlarge the opening. Then Mike, our framer/builder put in the windows and added some PVC trim to finish them out. They are beautiful.


The left side of our house.
 (taken from front left corner of house)


The right side of our house. 
(taken from back right of the house) 

p.s. I am a very visual person and I like to be able to picture a space in my head, so I sometimes include (directional information) for you. If your brain does not work that way, just skip all of that!

I am really excited about today as well because, when I left my house this morning, Reinaldo and his guys had just begun this process:

 
Drywall!
(taken from bottom of stairs, looking into bonus room)

Man oh man! This is my favorite week yet.

0 comments: