transformation in progress: bathroom (days 6 & 7ish)

|

Day 6 (Last Saturday)

Curtis spent lots of time in the bathroom last weekend and I didn’t post about any of it! Good thing y’all know that he’s renovating that bathroom or that would sound really strange. Again, there was some drywall work. If there’s anything that Curtis might pay someone to do in the future, I’m pretty sure that drywall would be it.

Thankfully, there was also tiling to be done. Lovely, progress-obvious tile…


It is certainly time-consuming work.

 

  
Lots of measuring, cutting, and trying to lay tile down before the fast-drying adhesive hardens. (p.s. If you look closely, Corey and Jessica got a little free publicity in this shot!)

Curtis finished laying the tile in time to watch the UT football game, but came home and started grouting at 11pm!

 
Check out the result- it looks so good! Very professional and so finished.

 

I can’t lie though. I freaked out a little when I woke up Sunday morning because the grout was so dark. By the way, I picked the grout color... yikes! Apparently (thankfully) it lightens a lot as it dries. Phew.

Day 7ish (cumulative weekday work)

During the week, Curtis and I both spent several hours painting.

 
First, Curtis primed the walls. Even that made such a difference. Doesn’t it look so much cleaner?? The room started to feel like a room instead of a project!

 


Then, the paint. You see that beautiful blue? I picked the color and painted the first coat all by myself! It’s fun when I get do something productive too. :)

 

 
It was a little darker than I had pictured, but we think it’s going to look great.

 

I completely neglected to take a “before” picture of the ceiling, but I’m hoping that you can see it in this. It’s the top of the wall as it runs into the ceiling… and those brown dots are what the WHOLE ceiling looked like. I guess it was old mildew?? Disgusting.

 

And now, after Curtis’ priming and painting… crisp and clean. Ahhh, I can’t wait to enjoy this bathroom!

0 comments: