transformation in progress: bathroom (days 2 & 3)

|

Apparently, chronicling a project is not my strong suit. Despite my spotty photojournalism, Evan and Curtis have been HARD at work! Here’s what’s been going on:

Day 2 (Friday)

By midday Friday, this is what was left of the bathroom floor. They ripped up all of the laminate and plywood floor…. goodbye pink roses!!

 

 
After a massive trip to Lowes (thank goodness for Evan’s truck and expertise!), the reconstruction began. They began cutting and laying the rockboard, piecing the floor back together.

 

 
Several months ago, we bought a one-piece bath/shower insert at a clearance lot (for only $25!). We were pretty excited about the money and time saved by not having to tile the shower. However, our doorframe did not like the idea- the insert wouldn’t fit through. Oops! Result- a lovely new white tub and another trip to the tile store by me!

 


Cooper LOVES (I repeat, LOVES) to watch the action in the bathroom. Before the new bathtub was put in, he kept holding his hands up in an “I don’t know” gesture and saying, “bath?”. Pretty confusing for a little guy.

 

Day 3 (Saturday)

 
Curtis got an early start on Saturday, cutting and attaching some sheetrock to the walls. Evan joined him shortly and started working on the (many) plumbing issues.

 


This is what he had to work with. Can you see that?? They assured me that this was the drain pipe so I wasn’t quite as disgusted. Needless to say, though, the pipes needed a lot of love. Evan spent most of the morning dealing with those.

 

 
Thankfully, the boys had some extra help. Our friend Ben generously volunteered his Saturday, spending most of it helping Curtis hang drywall. I even had some extra help too! Kelly, Evan’s fun wife, agreed to help me shop for tile. Since I am the world’s worst decision-maker, it helps to bring someone along who will give me a firm opinion. I love that!

The workday ended a little early. Curtis and I took yet another trip to Lowes and made it back just in time to join Evan & Kelly and watch Tennessee hold their own against Florida. Our great friends Seth, Katie, and sweet baby Emery even came over to watch part of the game with us! All in all, I think it was a much-needed boost for the boys’ weary souls. Of course, a win might’ve been an even bigger boost. :)

More on today’s progress later… slowly but surely, we’re getting there!

0 comments: