my happy 30th

|
Despite entering my fourth decade, it was a happy day.

Time with these two precious ones...



 



Then, time with fun friends...


 After a long wait (thank heavens we were kid-less!), we had a yummy dinner on the patio at Natty Greene's.

I sure do love having a night with my handsome husband and so many dear friends. And I love when my parents graciously agree to take care of my children so that we could have a night out like this!


Afterward, we invited everyone over for some margaritas (my favorite!) and some dessert. Yes, I did make my own birthday cake. Is that totally lame? What is not lame, though, is what I made. Growing up, I always requested cookie cakes since I'm not a huge fan of regular cake. The problem is, I hate how cookie cakes are so flat and thin and 3rd-grade-skating-party-esque. So, I improvised!



I made a regular batch of cookie dough, baked it in two 8" round pans. Then, I found a tub of store-bought icing in the pantry and threw that on as well. Yum.



 
Let's just say... this didn't last too long in my house.

Happy Birthday to me!

0 comments: