those kind of friends

|
It's only been 4 months since we moved to Greensboro, but it feels like forever. We knew it would be hard to leave, but I don't think I realized the hole that it would create in my life. We're really missing our Knoxville friends... the friends that we could meet at Long's on Saturday morning. Or the ones I could call to go on a morning walk. Or to keep Cooper during my doctor's appointment.  Or to come over and watch TV on Thursday nights. Or to invite to our newest super-random party.


These are 3 of those friends (at a going-away party for us in December), who happened to all be pregnant within a month of me. We have all since given birth to baby girls, and one other dear friend is working towards bringing their baby boy (the same age) home from Taiwan! One of the hardest parts about moving is that Annabelle won't get to grow up with those friends.


For me personally, the loss of walking alongside of these girls is pretty huge as well.


Thankfully, I know that these friendships are not lost... only changed. Over Easter weekend, we had what will (I hope) be the first of many gatherings of our Knoxville friends. What a gift to see them all, especially the new little babies!


Sarah & Maggie (born 3/5), Staci & Hadley (born 2/26), Brooke & Blair (born 3/3), me & Annabelle (born 2/8)


The boys were just as eager to show off their little ones. There is just something about daddies and their babies, isn't there?


The four "older" kids had lots of fun too. Especially in their shades. These are some of Cooper's first friends!



Here they are: our best Knoxville friends (minus a few). We were blessed.

We are blessed.

So, who's coming to visit me soon?!?
 

0 comments: