down time

|
(I am way behind in my blogging... apologies.)
I've mentioned before how sweet it's been to have down time lately. It's not that there isn't stuff for us to do. We have more house projects than we know what to do with. It's that we are choosing to not do those things most of the time. It's a give-and-take, I realize, as that means I still have tomato red walls everywhere and mildewy caulk in my shower. But, today more than ever, I am reminded of the undeniable value of being with the ones you love.

Here are a few snapshots to prove it, from a picnic in our front yard a few weeks ago:

 




3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh SO FUN!!! :)

Kara said...

oh wow, these pics are so great. i love your 4 heads together! Christmas card!

Amy said...

Beautiful words, beautiful heart. Katie thank you for this awesome reminder... can you remind me of this more often than not?! Love you!