faves

|
I love generic brands. Seriously. If you look in our pantry, you will see loads of Great Value and Aldi brands. I am all about substituting for the name brands... let's be honest- do you really know that you're having Philadelphia cream cheese or Domino sugar?!

That being said, there are certain things that the generics cannot touch. Let me introduce you:


1.  Jif Peanut Butter
I am that choosy mom. It just can't be beat. I did recently start buying Jif Natural because it seems a little more, well, natural... no hydrogenated oils. I don't exactly know what that means, but I know they aren't good. :) Taste wise, I would still go with the original any day.



2.  Honey Bunches of Oats
I have tried the generics and they just don't hold a candle. It's the best cereal ever. Enough said.


3.  Oreos
They just never get old. I'm pretty sure I could eat them every day of my life. Deliciousness in my mouth.


Those are my Top 3 for which there can be no substitute. What are yours?
(C'mon people... I know you're out there. Comments are our friends!)
 

4 comments:

Mrs Somebody Else said...

Special K with berries.
will made me buy the kroger brand for a year - until we BOTH got raises! i can tell the difference. :)

Brad Guilford said...

Cheerios. We've tried all kinds of generic Cheerios and nothing is the same. It really surprises me for a food that seems so simple, but we only go with the brand name.

Whitney Hannam said...

Hey girl...glad you found my blog!! Love yours! We also always have oreos and jif peanut butter in our house!

I would say the other item that I can't ever seem to let go of is a good ole fashioned "Coke" not sure I could ever cheap out on that stuff!

Happy Sunday!

Molly said...

Katie,
Don't forget Heinz ketchup, Miracle Whip, and Froot Loops!