that little voice

|
I hope, very soon (tonight?!), to begin blogging again. I can't wait to share with you all about the last 2 months of life now that I can breathe again! Here's a quick story to whet your appetite:

Cooper and Annabelle are sharing a room, as of 2 weeks ago. Listen to the "conversation" I just overheard....

I put both of the kids in their beds and left the room. Annabelle stood up immediately, as she usually does, held onto the crib railing, and started talking/giggling/crying to Cooper. After a few minutes, the crying took over and began to escalate. Just as I was about to go back in to give her back the paci that she inevitably throws on the ground, I hear Cooper's little voice:

"Don't cry, Annabelle. It's okay. It's okay. Here I am- I'm with you, Annabelle! You don't need to be sad. God is always with you, Annabelle."

My eyes are filling up as I type it. When I went into their room, I knelt beside Cooper's bed, hugged him, and thanked him for loving his sister so well. His response, as always, was "yeah". 


Thank you, Lord, that some of the words I speak to my children actually are absorbed. And thank you, once again, for speaking truth to me through that little voice.

1 comments:

millie smith said...

oh my goodness. i. love. it.