transformations: our bedroom

|
It's been awhile since I've posted our room renovations. Well, I guess it's just been awhile since I've posted at all. Things have been a little crazy around here. With a little motivation coming from our now upcoming move, I'm back on track and will try to finish documenting the rest of the house... though it will surely not be in as much detail. You're probably grateful for that! :)

Our bedroom, as it looked before we bought the house:


 You'll notice the familiar sights of horrid drapery.



 Every. Single. Window.



Removing the curtains didn't help much, except to highlight the lovely carpet.



We really were pretty excited about the walk-in closet, especially with it's pegboard walls and homemade pipe hanging system!



 
In order to make the room/upstairs liveable, we had to rip up the carpet, prime both the walls and ceiling, and then get new carpet installed. We gratefully accepted some help from friends (including smiley Seth!) to make the priming part happen!



If I remember correctly, these two were more excited about posing than about painting!



Katie looked way too cute to be doing manual labor, don't you think?? And no, I'm not speaking of myself in the third person.


Fast forward 4 long years of carpet installation, wallcolor-choosing, furniture-searching, painting, and rearranging...



Our room in all it's glory.


Side note: I've been putting this post off because we haven't had bedside tables. Seriously. We've been using TV tray tables and hoping that Cooper didn't pull a lamp down on his head while I searched craigslist every day. Well, we finally bit the bullet yesterday and bought two from Walmart's "Canopy" line.

So far, we are really impressed! No particle board, easily assembled... really solid pieces of furniture. I'll let you know if we change our minds, but as of right now we would definitely give them our recommendation!


Okay, back to the room:

I love the dormers in this house.




I also love my closet...



even the pegboard walls!


Who would've thought?

2 comments:

Kate Kehne said...

We look like babies! And that was only five years ago! CRAZY! Love the bedroom and hadn't seen it in forever! It looks sooo good! I am envious of your closet!

Joy said...

You guys created a real retreat! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!